Friday 21 January 2022

THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG

Once upon a time in a land far away,

Long, long ago on a far distant day 

There lived a beautiful princess

An independent, self-assured noblesse


She strolled the shores of the lake

On her beautifully green castle estate

Contemplating issues of this and that

Then came upon a frog as she sat


The frog hopped onto the girls knee

And said Oh beautiful Elegant Lady

I was once handsome and princely

Until an evil witch cast a spell on me
 

But Princess just one kiss from you

And you will break the spells hoodoo

I will again be handsome and princely

And then, my dearest, we can marry
  

We’ll live in your castle with my mother

My seven sisters and all my brothers 

You can cook clean and do the laundry

And we can raise an enormous family

 

You will always be happy and grateful

And forever after you will be dutiful

All this with just one kiss from you

A future together for me and you

 

That night the princess dined in solitude

On the sumptuously prepared food

Smiling as she recalled the prince beg

As she ate the delicious, sautéed frogs leg 

No comments: