Friday 12 March 2021

WHAT DO YOU CALL YOURS?

 

Most people if pressed would not admit to giving a name to an inanimate object. Well, I can tell you now that 90% of them would be lying and the rest didn’t understand the question.

The commonest object, by some distance, to be endowed with a pet name is the car and More often than not it will be a feminine name.

This is because we perceive that a cars personality is inherently female.

The reasons for this are quite obvious because they are expensive to keep, unpredictable, unreliable, they only respond when you speak nicely to them and you need to endlessly accessorize.

For my part I have a dark blue ford fiesta which I bought new, and I called her Abby and I did this because it was the Abbey who loaned me the money to buy her.

No comments: