Friday 19 March 2021

NOT A BAD PENNY

 

I am always unsure when I meet someone from the acting profession whether the persona, I am presented with is merely a mask, another character adopted rather than the real person.

Now with some Celebrities you would probably be happier with the mask than the rather shallow original.

The feeling you get however after meeting Penelope Keith is what you see is what you get.

The first time I met her was at an open day for the Guildford Magistrates court.

I was working at the time as part of the crew of the Surrey Police Mobile Custody Unit.

We were on duty with the vehicle so that members of the public come aboard see how it worked and Penelope Keith was their in her capacity as High Sheriff of Surrey as was by no means the only civil dignitary at the gathering but she was the only one who made a point of speaking to everyone on duty and by that I mean she conversed with everyone.

A delightful lady and not a bit like Margo Ledbetter.

No comments: