Friday 12 March 2021

MORE TO BE PITIED THAN SCOLDED

In this world some people are very selfish

Who consider no one else in the world at all

I am thinking of one particular individual

I encountered at the Methodist church hall

I was there to drop my son to beaver scouts

And he his daughter to dance class in the hall

It was the first time our paths had crossed

This is the sequence of events as I can recall

He was blocking the entrance to the car park

His car was sat right in the middle first of all

As there is only one entrance to the church

The local traffic had soon slowed to a crawl

It was a puzzle why he’d stopped it seemed 

For no apparent reason as far as I could see

He was oblivious to the sound of car horns

Or ironic cheers as he moved off eventually

He was so arrogant or so stupid that he made

No acknowledgement of his transgression

A tuneless chorus of car horns continued

Noisily expressing our anger and frustration

He then proceeded slowly to the car park

I swear he was driving as slowly as possible

He parked his car in such a way as to occupy

Two spaces and render a third inaccessible

Then finally our paths crossed again inside

In the small cafeteria where his wife and he

Sat at one table while filling another one

With bags and coats to add insult onto injury

My feelings towards him were, I must confess

Of a very unchristian nature I must concede

Though I feel no guilt for my feelings at all

After all he was a very selfish bastard indeed

 

 



No comments: