Wednesday 22 September 2021

Uncanny Tales – (34) Late for Work

I don’t like tardiness and in particular I don’t like being late for work, but sometimes it just can’t be helped, but there was one particular morning this last winter when events overtook me and I was late for work.

It was so damn cold that morning, as it was 7 below the night before, I know that in some country’s 7 below is considered mild, but in Surrey it was bloody cold.

It took me an age to defrost the car and then I had to give the wife a jump start, the poor old thing just would not start and I had a real problem turning her over, still she’s getting on now, but I eventually got her going and once you get her firing on all cylinders she goes like the clappers.

So that it why I was late for work, but it’s a good job my wife’s car started first time otherwise she’d have been late for work too.

No comments: