Sunday 19 September 2021

Uncanny Tales – (31) Woman in Black

 

I saw her standing on the terrace, in the sun, looking out into the distance, so I walked up behind her and lightly stroked the back of her arm.

“Are you ok honey?” I asked

“No not really” she replied, and the tears welled up in her eyes as she turned towards me, so I took her in my arms, and she dissolved completely into tears.

“It’s ok honey” I whispered, “let it all go”

And as she sobbed uncontrollably into my chest, I kissed the top of her head.

I held her close and stroked her back until she lifted her head and said

“I’m getting you shirt wet” 

“I don’t care” I replied and she broke down again which was when, to my eternal shame, I became aroused, I would like to say in my defense that I was holding in my arms a very beautiful woman, and a woman I had not only lusted after for more than five years but had been in love with for four of those years.

What I can’t offer any excuse for was what I was thinking as she sobbed her heart out and I consoled her with my empty words, I was trying to imagine what she was wearing under her mourning clothes and my arousal was reaching epic proportions as I considered all the various options and I was so close to tipping my barrow. 

I don’t know what would have happened had her mother not come along when she did.

Her mum took her back inside to grieve more privately but I remained on the terrace for a few minutes due to an inability to walk.

The inability wasn’t aided in any way by the fact that I still continued to think long and hard about the infinite possibilities of what she might be wearing beneath her widow’s weeds. 

No comments: