Sunday 19 August 2012

The Natural World

WHEN THE WIND IS IN THE EAST

When the wind is in the east,
Is the time I like the least
When the wind is in the east,
Then winter has been unleashed

WHEN MOTHER NATURE DONS

When Mother Nature dons
Her spring gown of splendour
She decorates with beauties
Normally reserved for heaven
And bestows upon the earth
Those perfect gifts from God

DAYS OUT ON THE WATER

Days out on the water
Windswept with rime
Watery sunshine above a
Putty coloured sea
As I sailed the estuary
With dad at the helm

WHEN THE WIND IS IN THE NORTH

When the wind is in the north,
It blows me back and forth
When the wind is in the north,
I stay indoors thenceforth

THE FIERCE AUTUMN GALES

The fierce autumn gales
Howl all through the night
Whipping up the seas
And turning wave tops white
The pour souls at sea
On the dark autumnal night
In the teeth of the tempest
Feel its savage bite
And pray to their gods
To save them from their plight
As the gale blows through
On the dark autumnal night

THE SKIES OF ENDLESS AZURE

The skies of endless azure
Stretch to the distant horizon
And in fond embrace they kiss
The iridescent blue ocean

WHEN THE WIND IS IN THE SOUTH

When the wind is in the south,
And the sun is in the sky
This is the time I like most well
And my spirits are very high

RICH TROPICAL SCENTS FILL THE AIR

Rich tropical scents fill the air
And are carried on the breeze
As the waters of the pacific
Lap at the sands of perfect white

THE SCENTED TROPICAL BREEZE

The scented tropical breeze
Blows offshore, gently
Carrying exotic fragrances
Of paradise out to sea

WHEN THE WIND IS IN THE WEST

When the wind is in the west,
Is the time I like the best
When the wind is in the west,
I know I can shed my vest

No comments: