Wednesday 20 April 2022

THE NIGHT OUT

 

I’d been to some bars

And drunk a few jars

And while I was there

I became the worse for wear

When my double vision

Started causing derision

And tired of the scoff

I took myself off

To be greeted at home

By a malevolent gnome

The bane of my life

My diminutive wife

But when I was drunk

I wasn’t afraid of the skunk

Her anger I would dismiss

And bring her round with a kiss

But my advance was declined

Which I thought was unkind

I thought I would rise above

Her rejection of my love

But despite my attempt

To show her contempt

She still wouldn’t let me in

I thought it may be the Gin

So, I used reasoning

Without any seasoning

But what I said to her

Just came out as a slur

Then she angrily said

“Go and sleep in the shed”

No comments: