Friday 16 April 2021

IF IT’S A GIRL

 

My waters have gone

The happy event is near

And as for the name

I’m still not clear

Is it a boy or a girl?

I don’t know that even

But if it is a girl

What to name her then

Certainly, nothing old

Not Gladys or Violet

Mum wants Mary or Eve

Or named for Aunty Margaret

And nothing contemporary

Not Sharon or Tracy

Nor Danni or Kylie

And not Karen or Stacy

Nothing stolen from Disney

Like Thumper or Bambi

Not Tramp or Lady

Or Mickey or Minnie

And nothing silly

Like Fawn or Fern

Nothing misspelled

Like Cyndy or Dorne

Something original

To make a statement

To make heads turn

Something different

So, for a girl how about

Distemper or Chlamydia

Ozone, Prozac, or Henna

Euthanasia or Lobelia

So many to choose from

How to pick one over another?

But I think as I am a model

Its Anorexia or Bulimia

No comments: