Sunday 30 October 2022

OH NO, NOT HALLOWEEN AGAIN

 

It’s that time of year again, Halloween

Oh how I hate it and its practitioners

All year round we tell our children

“Don’t accept sweets from strangers”

We instil in them from an early age

“Don’t ever approach or talk to strangers”

Then at Halloween we send them out

To ask for sweets at the doors of strangers

 

When children dressed as monsters

Terrorize the neighbourhood

Begging from door to door

Demanding sweets and treats

For not vandalizing your property

The older children or should I say yobs

Wear masks and disguise them selves

Clearly training for a life of crime

A yob in a funny outfit is still a yob

 

It’s that time of year again

The night of night to ignore the doorbell

It’s not twee or cute it’s just annoying

I try to be polite when I shoo them from my door

But I know I will get up next morning

With fake blood smeared on the front door

Eggs smashed on my windscreen

And rubbish strewn across my garden

God, I hate Halloween and its practitioners

No comments: