Friday 4 May 2012

A Humourous Collection # 11


DESCENDING SCALE

The piano fell down
The mineshaft
And I know that
It sounds a bit daft

There was a cacophony
From the Bechstein-er
That eventually resulted
In A flat miner

FISCAL TRUTH

If you spend more than you earn
There’s no way to fudge it
You are stuck with your debts
If you can't manage to budge it

EGGS FOR EGGS

I like my eggs fried or poached
And scrambled are a treat
I rather enjoy an omelet
But boiled egg is hard to beat

LOCAL AMENITIES

I’ve just been to the shops
They didn’t impress me at all
But if you’ve seen one shopping centre
You’ve seen a mall

TROUBLESOME YOUTH

Police were called to the kindergarten
And the reason for the request
Was a troublesome three-year-old
Who was resisting a rest

INDUSTRIAL ACCIDENT # 2

Did you hear about the guy?
Who was guillotined and how
His whole left side was cut off
Obviously he's all right now

FAST TRACK

I had to run for the train
And I had my laptop with me
And now it doesn’t work
I must have jogged the memory

POLITICAL IDEOLOGY

In a democracy,
It’s your vote that counts;
Which seems perfectly fair
In feudalism,
It’s your Count that votes.
Did you see what I did there?

SNACK TIME

When he’s making clocks
And hunger beacons
The clock man will
Go back four seconds.

INDUSTRIAL ACCIDENT # 1

One of the guys fell into
The upholstery machine,
He was quickly discovered

And they knew what to do
To get him out the machine
Now he’s fully recovered

No comments: