Thursday 25 February 2010

A Little Humour

THE MIRACLE OF FLIGHT

It has been said that the miracle of aviation
Is that the aeroplane is nothing more in interpretation
Than 50000 components flying in close formation
And hopefully all bound for the same destination

THE CANDY MAN

He has had a very sweet tooth all of his life
He even found himself a rather sweet wife
He’d eat cream cakes and all kinds of sweeties
Now he has high cholesterol and type 2 diabetes

CAR SCRAP-AGE

I’m very disappointed with the government
And their much heralded car scrap-age scheme
I took my “old banger” along with me to the garage
But my wife wasn’t what they had in mind it seems

BOILER REPLACEMENT SCHEME

I’m very disappointed with the government
And their gas boiler replacement scheme
I called the Gas Company about my “old boiler”
But my wife wasn’t what they had in mind it seems

AGEING POPULATION

In the future, maybe forty years or so
The nursing homes will just overflow
With sweet little silver haired old biddies
Doting on their numerous little grand kiddies
As they sit peering thru bifocal glasses
With faded tattoos on their wrinkled arses

THE BEAR STARE

I have a photograph
Of a magnificent Polar Bear
It was taken at one of those sea life places
The polar bear is underwater
Looking through the glass
At an inquisitive little boy
Whose face was pressed up against the glass
And you can see in the Polar Bears
Intelligent soulful eyes
As it looks at the inquisitive little boy
That he is thinking to himself
“If I could just get through this glass
I would eat you as a snack”

No comments: