Wednesday 20 April 2016

Victoria Wood RIP

VICTORIA WOOD 1953-2016

I’ve always thought
The word overused
But Victoria Wood
Really was a genius.
But there is darkness
Where once a light shone
The bright light
Of an enduring star
Which is now extinguished.
But not in our hearts
For there she burns still
As her laughter always will


VICTORIA WOOD A TRUE TALENT

If I have to pick just one Gem
From her creative canon
Then “The Ballad of Barry and Freda”
Would have to be the one
The pace and delivery of wit
Hits you like a comic volley
Like “Bend me over backwards
On me Hostess trolley”
Great Humour filled lines
Delivered oh so sleekly
Like “Beat me on the bottom
With a Woman’s weekly”
Or “Come and melt the buttons
On me flameproof nightie”
I can picture her singing it
To St P and God almighty

No comments: