Thursday 4 September 2014

Spiritual Stuff

THE LIFE THOU GAVEST LORD IS ENDING

The life thou gavest Lord is ending
The darkness falls at Thy behest
And I know that I am bound
For my expected eternal rest

Please one last time let me kiss
My loved ones once or twice
And let me just say goodbye
Before I cross over to paradise

OPEN UP YOUR BARREN HEART

Open up your barren heart
Light a candle in the dark
And the shepherd of the light
Will stand for the righteous fight
The shining prince of peace
Shining like the Golden Fleece
Oh lamb of God, oh perfect light
Will banish evil from the night

THE GOOD AGAINST THE EVIL

The good against the evil
The great against the least
The light against the darkness
The lamb against the beast

PURE WHITE DOVE

Pure white dove
Rare of wonder
Shouts to the world
Loud as thunder

LIGHT OF THE WORLD

Light of the world
Light of your heart
Light of glory
Light against the dark
WHAT’S THE STORY?

What’s the story?
God of glory
Watching over us
It is forever thus

THE VICARIOUS VICAR

The Reverend Hinton
Brought many couples,
Efficiently and Happily
Through their nuptials

And he was content
Experiencing happiness
Thru the couples he joined
But felt alone nonetheless

For at the end of the day
He went on his own
To his empty vicarage
And sat home alone

No comments: