Tuesday 8 July 2014

A Little Bit Of Humour # 59

HEROES RETURN – BRAZIL 2014

England will fly home
Into Glasgow Airport
Thus ensuring, a heroes
Welcome of a sort

ROSES ARE BLUE

Roses are Blue
I can see them on view
Rose you are red
Was it something I said?

MILESTONE 60 # 5

Wow you look good for your age
And it was hard for me to gauge
But what proves you are an old man
Is that you’re a Jim Reeves fan

ARE YOU WEARING GROWNUP CLOTHES?

Are you wearing grownup clothes?
No! My youth is not done
Growing up is for trees
I’ll stay young and have fun

ARE YOU WEARING ADULT CLOTHES?

Are you wearing adult clothes?
Growing up is such a crime
I know you are only young once,
But you can be immature for a lifetime

MILESTONE 70 # 1

If I'd realised I was going
To live beyond my sixties
I'd have taken better care
Of myself in the sixties

I CONCENTRATE, EVERY SECOND

I concentrate, every second
I can never slack
Once my dad let his mind wander,
And it never came back

MILESTONE 70 # 2

You gain knowledge, dignity
Tolerance and serenity
As you get older without a doubt
And then your teeth fall out.

ARE YOU WEARING OLD MAN CLOTHES?

Are you wearing old man clothes?
Why for pity sake old pal
Growing old is mandatory.
But growing up is optional

ARE YOU WEARING YOUR BIRTHDAY CLOTHES?

Are you wearing your birthday clothes?
Well if I might be so bold
Don’t just sit there
Do something old

ARE YOU WEARING YOUR BIRTHDAY SUIT?

Are you wearing your birthday suit?
This will probably be, old lad
Your best birthday ever
With all the practice you've had

I FIND MODERN LIVING HARD TO FATHOM

I find modern living hard to fathom
As life throws up unlikely pairs
For few women admit their age
And even fewer men act theirs

FORGETFUL

I forget names; I forget faces;
I even forget to zip up my fly
But by far the worst thing
Is forgetting to unzip your fly

THE SILVER VOTERS

The nations older aged voters
Are not that easy to impress
Because as you grow older
You stand for more and fall for less

ARE YOU WEARING CUSTODIAL WEAR?

Are you wearing custodial wear?
And that must be three days
You must stop thinking about prisons
Your mind works in Strangeways

No comments: