Monday 4 November 2013

Walking With God By My Side

CALLING ALL YOU ANGELS

Calling all you Angels
Amidst the heavenly host
Come in the name of God,
Father, Son and Holy Ghost
Answer the clarion call
Of the sombre Last Post
And take the fallen hero
Amidst the heavenly host

GOD SAT UPON HIS THRONE

God sat upon his throne
In the presence of the chosen
All was well in paradise
It was a special day in heaven
There was a quiet mutter abroad
And the flutter of Angels wings
Before a silent hush descended
And the heavenly chorus sings

WITHIN THE SILENT ECHO

Within the silent echo
Of the last rites
As the last words of life
Reluctantly give way
To the first words of death
God reaches out his hand
And you alluringly ascend
On comforting wings

GOD IS ON THE WEB

God is on the Web waiting for your prayer
You can easily find Him if you look around
There is no video link, Skype or live chat
But if you have faith it will be profound
Of course if an atheist was to click the link
It would respond with “Page not found”

I HEAR AN ANGEL SINGING

In the quiet of the night
When peaceful silence reigns
I hear an angel singing
And I wonder if it’s you

Amidst the chorus of the dawn
When birds are centre stage
I hear an angel singing
And I ponder if it’s you

When the wind is in the trees
Swirling in the breeze
I hear an angel singing
And I think it might be you

When the rain cascades
Down from the heavens
I hear an angel singing
And I’m sure it must be you

When the sun shines brightly
And its warmth is on my skin
I hear an angel singing
And I believe it may be you

At the setting of the sun
When another day is done
I hear an angel singing
And I know that it is you

ON MYSTICAL QUESTS

On mystical quests
The medieval knights
Sought the Holy Grail
They journeyed far
And widely searched
For a fine Golden cup
Bejewelled with gems
A challis fit for a King
Used at the last supper
By Christ himself
But these brave knights
Were doomed to fail
Christ did not live as a King
He was a Carpenter
And a poor carpenters cup
Would not have been
Crafted in Gold
And encrusted with Jewels
It would be a simple cup
Carved from wood
A humble vessel
For the son of God

WALK WITH GOD ALONG THE PATH OF LIFE

Walk with God along the path of life
When a spring is in your step
And at times when you must trudge
He will be your companion
So feel the blood of life course
And feel his love course with it
With every beat of your heart
As you walk with God

BEYOND THE SILVER MOUNTAINS

Beyond the silver mountains
Lies the undiscovered country
Where I will pass into the blue
And you will be there to meet me
I will walk over the mountains
And join you in God’s country
In the peace beyond the tears
And be together for eternity

RED DAWN

The Red Dawn of a new day
A glimpse of heaven
Signifying a new beginning
Another precious gift
Another day of life
Not to be squandered
But be accepted
In the spirit it was given

No comments: