Monday 3 June 2013

Variety # 3

CATCH OF THE DAY

With my fishing line of gold,
Hook, baited with pearls
I cast into the waters
As the ebb tide swirls
To catch myself one
Of the underwater girls
And land a pretty mermaid
With seaweed in her curls

THE ENDLESS PAVEMENT

The endless pavement
Eats away the leather
Wears away my soles
And with each step
My spirits erode
Until I am threadbare
And broken
With worn out soles
On the perpetual pavement

LIFE ETCHED IN MY FACE

Life etched in my face
Each line speaking for me,
Of an action or an event
But the presence of each
Is a part of the whole
That is the complete me

ACHERON

Acheron, the river of pain,
One of the five rivers of hades
Where Charon the ferryman
Plied his morbid trade

LUMINARY PERSONAGE

Luminary personage
Of prominence
A bright light
In the firmament
Truly brilliant
Outshone only
By his achievements

LUMINARY STAR

Luminary star
Celestial body
Shine down
Life giving light

ODIUM

It’s in a state of disgrace
Resulting from detestable behaviour
Where hatred and contempt reign
And despicable acts are the norm
Simple pure unadulterated odium
Hatred and condemnation
Loathing and contempt
Disrepute or infamy
Hate coupled with disgust
Pure unadulterated odium
That’s why I avoid the forum

ODEON

When I was a kid
My sister worked
At the Odeon Wood Green
And got me in for nothing
I loved the pictures
And I went everyday
It was a special place to me
Of course it was a far cry
From its Roman namesake
With its grand architecture
And hi-brow classical
Musical performances
But it was a magical place
Where I lost myself
In the flickering shadows
Of movieland
And escaped reality

TITAN’S

The powerful Titan’s
Giants of Greek Mythology
Born of Uranus and Gaea
Rulers of the earth
Brutally overthrown
By the Olympian Gods

SAINT GEORGE

Though he is immortalized in the tale
Of Saint George and the Dragon
It is as one of the Fourteen Holy Helpers
That his patronage is built upon

SHE WAS SILVER HAIRED

She was silver haired
And her face was lined
But she was content
And felt blessed
To have lived long enough
To have grey hair,
And to have had
Such a happy life
That the laughter of her youth
Was etched into her face

No comments: