Monday 3 June 2013

Tales of Love # 3

I WOULD HAVE GIVEN HER MY WORLD

I would have given her my world
I would have made myself into a mug
I would have done all this and more
Just to feel the warmth of a single hug

FLEET YOUNG FOOTSTEPS

Fleet young footsteps
In a headlong rush
Running towards romance
Barefoot in the meadow grass
Love-struck on a woodland path
Sprinting along the beach
Splashing through the water’s edge
And into the arms of love

YOU HAVE MADE AN ERROR

You have made an error
If you have to run
Barefoot on hot coals
Hotter than the burning sun
Just to prove to them
That you are their only one

ATTITUDE LATTITUDE

Such was her attitude
She felt gratitude
For her beatitude
At ending her solitude

SHE WAS PETITE

She was petite
And beautiful
A gentle glowing face,
Open and friendly
With intelligent eyes,
Like sparkling sapphires
A smile played about
Her honey sweet lips,
So soft and pink
Her hair the shade
Of ripened corn
Blew in the breeze
She was petite
And beautiful
And totally out of reach

BENEATH THE MOONLIT SKY

Beneath the moonlit sky
The romantic feeling grows
And on that star filled night
Love blossomed like a rose

I WOULD PUT YOU ON A PEDESTAL

I would put you on a pedestal
and prostrate myself before you
I would worship you like a god
I would proffer my heart
On an ornate silver platter.
For your avaricious consumption
I would give you all my love
Unconditionally, unrequited
And thank you for your indifference
I would cherish you in my life,
Even if you broke my heart in pieces.
I would look upon you lovingly
And gratefully receive your look of disdain
All this I would happily endure
Just to feel, for the briefest moment
The warmth of your embrace

ALL FOR THE SAKE OF LOVE

He carried her books home from school
All for the sake of love
They kissed on the back row of the pictures
All for the sake of love
They walked down the aisle in June
All for the sake of love
they happily lived in a one bedroom flat
All for the sake of love
They worked hard and scrimped and saved
All for the sake of love
They became a family in a bigger home
All for the sake of love
She divorced him after five years of marriage
All for the sake of lust

SHE SPOKE SWEETLY

She spoke sweetly
With a song birds melody
But within the beauty
One word could slay me

YOU TOOK ME BY STORM

You took me by storm
Broke my resistance
Conquered my heart
Quite mercilessly
But on the way
To capturing my heart
You tainted me

1 comment:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog