Monday 16 July 2012

The Love Selection # 3

LOVE IS LAYERED

Love is layered,
Sedimentary
Each layer secured
By the one above
Love is not shallow
Love is deep
And does not lay
Beneath a fragile crust

GOOD OLD JOHN

Good old John
You were always there
Nothing too much trouble
Always on hand to advise
To give a helping hand

Good old John
Steady dependable John
Unselfish, good egg John
Smiling humble John
Ever reliable

Good old John
I see you now in hindsight
Waiting in the wings
Holding a watching brief
Biding your time

Good old John
Simple undermining John
Conniving deceitful John
Smiling conspiring John
My wife’s friend John

Good old John
There you were
Pouring poison in her ear
Drip, drip, drip
But she saw through you
Good old John

BENEATH THE SUN ON THE ISLE OF WIGHT # 1

Beneath the sun on the Isle of Wight
Amidst the fun at Blackgang chine
I spotted her amongst the crowd
And vowed that I would make her mine

TO BE A SPECIAL LOVE

To be a special love
It should fit like a glove
But what I cannot tell
Is does the glove fit her as well?
It too must be a perfect fit
That is it, and all about it
To be a very special love
It should fit her like a glove
One ill fitted hand
And the love will never stand
Both should set foursquare
To be a perfect pair

A LONG AGO WORLD

A long ago world
In Days of innocence
And a wondrous summer
We stood on the cusp
Of loves first awakening

When Feeling awkward and gawky
We took our first faltering steps
In the realm of love
Wearing swim shorts
And self conscious blushes

It was a guiltless time
When holding hands
Was a physical pleasure
And stolen kisses
Seemed to last forever

If I had the presence of mind
I would have bottled that summer
And when I felt
Tarnished by the world
I would take a long sip
And be refreshed

BENEATH THE SUN ON THE ISLE OF WIGHT # 2

Beneath the sun on the Isle of Wight
I first laid eyes on the lovely Gill
And on that sweet summers day
I lost my heart forever at Robin Hill

THE NEWS CAME

The news came,
As bad news does
Out of the blue
At break neck speed
And hit me like a train
With deaths hateful sting
Numbing me to the core
Leaving me speechless
And too arid to cry
Before the pain burst through
Bringing forth the bitter tears loves
Despair washed over me
Until I was drowning in sadness
I sank in its frigid waters
To the depths of my soul
So bitter was the news
The loss so acute
I was broken in two
Lying beaten
On the ground
I could feel no worse
I could sink no lower
Then like kicking an injured dog
Remorse hit me
Like a tidal wave
Knocking me off my feet
Why didn’t I tell him?
Why didn’t I say?
I love you too

IT HAPPENS AGAIN AND AGAIN # 1

It happens again and again
A simple smile and I dare to dream
That this might be the one
But alas no it’s a familiar theme

AMBER EYES

She had amber eyes
Which marked her out
Such a rare and beautiful hue
You might say it made her special
And special she was
This girl with amber eyes
But not for the rarity of the hue
But for an even rarer quality
This girl with amber eyes
Was so special because
She was beautiful inside and out

I WOULD CROSS AN ARID DESERT PLAIN

I would cross an arid desert plain
Sail upon a sea of hurt and pain
Traverse landscapes bleak and bare
Climb great mountains of despair
Navigate thru skies black with thunder
And lightning bolts to strike asunder
This and so much more I will gladly do
Just to spend some time with you


No comments: