Friday 4 May 2012

The Love Selection # 7

THE FLAME WAS EXTINGUISHED

Guttering slowly to its end
The flame was extinguished
A fire once white hot
Headed toward extinction
As passions cool
In the diminishing heat
Of the sombre ashes
Red fades to grey
To leave despairingly
Loves dying embers
Its flame long extinguished

SALT ‘N’ PEPPER HEADED LADY FAIR

All I can do is stand and stare
At the salt ‘n’ peppered lady fair
The woman with the greying hair
Oh beautiful lady standing there
With tresses of salt ‘n’ pepper hair
Please be the answer to my prayer

HOW VIVIDLY I RECALL

How vividly I recall
Seeing you standing there
Dressed in white silk
I still feel the despair
Watching the woman I love
Stood for all to see
Making her vows
To a man who wasn’t me
AFTER AN AFFAIR

After an affair
All too brief
Barely any more
Than an aperitif
She stole my heart
Like a common thief
To leave me
Alone in my grief

No comments: