Tuesday 24 April 2012

The Love Selection # 4

TRUE LOVE ARRIVED

True love arrived
Like a bolt from the blue
In a chance encounter
At a place and point in time
Someway distant
From that which they should
Separately have occupied
But the fates conspired
A serendipitous event
To bring them, unwillingly,
To that blessed point
Of momentary symmetry
When they glimpsed
Their separate histories
And shared future

THEY WALKED IN SILENCE

They walked in silence
Two halves of a whole
Palm against palm
Soul against soul

IN THE ELASTIC TIME OF DREAMS

In the elastic time of dreams
Where exists a cast of thousands
The impossible is possible
Logic ceases to exist
The living walk with the dead
Rivers flow upstream
The sky is green
The grass is blue
So why with all the infinite possibilities
Of my timeless dreams
Do I only dream of you?

ARROWS DOTH FLY FROM CUPIDS BOW

Arrows doth fly from cupids bow
And an enchanted cascade of arrows
Lays the unsuspecting lover low
Who then his heart he must bestow

HELD IN A CASTLE KEEP

A woman's love
Held in a castle keep
In a prison tower
Where passion cools
And time dims desire
She waits in her prison
And dreams of a knight
Who will release her bonds
Rekindling the fire
And returning her to the world

SWEET LYRICS OF AFFECTION

You whispered words of love
Sweet lyrics of affection
Their sublime sound caressed me
Like a summer breeze
Refreshing sultry skin
Each fresh loving word
Mesmerized me anew
And I knew my heart was lost
And I knew that I was found

YOU BLEW SOFT BREATH

You blew soft breath
On the embers of my memory
And breathed new life into me
Resuscitating a redundant heart
Until I unlearned how to fear
I unlearned how to doubt
I unlearned how to exist
Then I felt the warmth of the sun
Once more on my face
I felt the transformation
From loneliness to loved

RISK

If you wish to achieve
The greatest love
It involves taking a risk
And like achieving
The greatest of goals
Sometimes it means a great risk
But nothing worth having
Comes easy or risk free

I MUST READ BETWEEN THE LINES.

I must read between the lines.
To find the reasons why
So when you say, "I'm sorry",
Look me in the eye
So that I might know
If I caught you in a lie

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT

Why in every disagreement
From the first to the last
You don’t stay in the present
You rake up the past
I always fight fair
I nail my colours to the mast
Then your name-calling
Leaves me aghast

No comments: