Friday 24 February 2012

The Love Selection # 1

STRAWBERRY HEADED MAIDEN FAIR

All I can do is stand and stare
At the strawberry headed maiden fair
The girl with the shinning blonde hair
Oh beautiful maiden standing there
With tresses of reddish-blonde hair
Please be the answer to my prayer

ARE YOU THE ONE?

I'd like to give you the special key
That unlocks my forbidding heart
But I must be sure you are the one
I must know that before we start
Or the secret of the golden key
I would be unable to impart

I KNOW I PROMISED NOT TO CALL HER

I know I promised not to call her
But I just had to speak to Joyce
She smiled when she picked up the phone
I could hear it clearly in her voice
And how I needed to hear that sweet sound
A sound to make angels rejoice
And when she spoke my name
I knew I’d made the right choice

WE HAVE THE MOST PERFECT LOVE

We have the most perfect love
We fit together like a hand in glove
Because our love for each other
Is greater than our need for each other

FOR EVERY LITTLE THING ABOUT YOU

For every little thing about you
Every way you’ve showed you cared
For all the happy laughter
And all the happy times we’ve shared

For always being there
And being the essential part of my life
For just being with me
And for agreeing to become my wife

FOR EVERYTHING THAT YOU ARE

For everything that you are
And for everything that you do
For all of this and so much more
With all my heart I thank you

MY HEART IS SO FULL OF LOVE

My heart is so full of love
Yet my words alone can't say,
They simply fail to express
What I wish to convey

I am just like an infant
Mumbling the snips and bytes
Of unformed language
To incoherently recite

I am like a foreign visitor
Trying to translate into English
Trying to formulate phrases
Instead translating into gibberish

My heart is so full of love
So why can I not just say
That I love you darling
Why is it so hard to convey

LOVE THRILLS

Hedonistic thrill seekers
Adrenalin junkies
One and all
Cannot surpass the thrill
You get from love
When you completely fall

And for pure danger
Nothing is more injurious
More painful to befit
Than when you’ve succumbed
And you are in love
And you then fall out of it

MY LIFE RUNS FAST AWAY

My life runs fast away
Like sand in an hourglass,
And with each grain of sand
Goes a moment in of my lifetime
Each moment is an empty one
Not spent with you
The moments are fast running out
As the grains of sand move on
And still I wait to meet you

ACCEPT ME PLEASE

Accept me please
Accept all of me
Every flaw and blemish
Every quirk and foible
For if love is as you say
Truly unconditional
You should accept me as I am

No comments: