Thursday 21 July 2011

Love Collection # 9

UNITY

Being together
Without words,
Thoughts trancend
The empty silence
To find balance
In perfect union,
A comfortable congress

MY LOVE IS FOREVER

My love is forever
For even if we part
You will never
Completely leave my heart

BECAUSE MY LOVE FOR YOU IS TRUE

Because my love for you is true
There is nothing I won’t do for you
Except for this one small thing
Which is that I won’t do nothing

I SHOULD HAVE TRIED MUCH HARDER

I should have tried much harder
Looking back upon that day
I should have fought for you
I should have tried every way

You were the very best of me
Around you my heart lightend
In your presence I walked on air
Around you my spirits brightened

I lost myself in my own conceit
I was consumed by self obsession
I stopped seeing you as precious
And treated you like my possession

I should have tried much harder
On that day so very long ago
I should have fought for you
Instead I ran away and let you go

A BOOK ON THE SHELF

A book on the shelf
Passed by, passed over
Rejected by browsers
Ignored by casual trade
Over looked by readers of discernment
Often handled but never understood
A book on the shelf
Unwanted and unappreciated
Unloved and forlorn waits patiently
For that one special wordsmith
Who will see the small tome
Among the vast bibliotheca
And admire the cover,
The quality of the fabric
Its exquisite binding
He will handle the book
Feel its weight and worth in one carress
And will appreciate its quality.
When he turns the pages
He will engage with the contents
Understanding its language
Each perfect word on each pristine page
This will be a story of such worth
When the wordsmith finds
This book on the shelf

I WALK ON EGGS

I walk on eggs
To protect the fragile peace
I try to be invisible
As I dread your displeasure so
But even in the midst
Of such an uneasy peace
I fear your rejection
For being invisible is still better
Than not being there at all

THE FIRST TIME I TOUCHED YOU

The first time I touched you,
Beckoned by temptation
Was a magical experience
Even in my clumsy seduction
My tender advances met
With spine tingling response
And in a bloodless loving coup
I broke down your sconce

ELAINE

I remember the first time
That I saw Elaine
Just one look
And I was smitten
But I couldn’t speak to her
I just watched
And admired
She caught me looking
Once or twice
And she smiled
Her smile was nice
But I looked away embarrassed
The last time she suddenly got up
And to my utter dismay
She was coming my way
I though she would have a go
About me staring
But no she said “hello”
And told me her name
Then for the longest time
She just looked at me
As I stuttered and stammered
Then she kissed me

IN MY FANTASY

In my fantasy
You bring me ecstasy
In my actuality
I crave your sensuality
So it would seem
I must live in my dream

APPLE OF MY EYE

You are the apple of my eye
Sitting seductively silent
I seem to feel lust and love
Almost in equal measure
Your mere existence
Has brightened my being
And stirred my soul
And awakened feelings
Long buried
But after the lust evapourates
The love will remain
A more tangible emotion
So let us make memories
That we can treasure

LOVE CONQUERS ALL?

Who ever said
“Love conquers all”
Obviously hadnt met you
Normal rules seem not to apply
I surrendered my heart
I bared my soul
All to no avail
You just used me
Then cast me aside
So I am once again alone

DECENT PROPOSAL

The traditional way
Is now rather passé
And may have had its day
But I will ask thee
While on bended knee
If thou wilt marry me

GRACE

When I saw her
I fell in love with Grace
Though her reputation
Was as a straight lace
But I didn’t see that
At all in her face
I went and asked “Would
You dance with me Grace”
She said she would
“But nothing fast paced”
So I placed my hand
On the curve of her waist
And pulled her towards me
And though she was chaste
She didn’t pull away
Or repell my haste
So I danced the next dance
With the beautiful Grace
And the one after that
With a smile on my face
We left the dance floor
With fingers interlaced
On the day I placed my hand
On the curve of her waist
Was the day I fell in love
And my life was Graced

SMOULDERING

Smouldering looks
Flaming desire,
Lustful tinglings
And passionate fire
Eager anticipation
Tantalisingly relishing
Adds to the fatasy
For later embellishing

EXTRAORDINARY GIRL

For a young girl,
Well compared to me,
You have done something
Extraordinary to me
You have warmed my cold heart
You have cleansed my unclean soul
You have instilled purpose
Where there was none
Out of despair I now have hope
You have laid the ghosts of my past
So I now have a future

RHYTHMIC LIFE

I have a life with rhythm
And clarity of purpose
That defines me perfectly
And that clear rhymic life
Is your great gift to me
A gift given before God
When we joined in matrimony
The depth of our union
And the depth of our love
Will not easily be bested

A PERFECT DAY

A perfect day
Spent with you
The two of us
That’s my view
No one else
Just us two
A perfect day
Spent with you

No comments: