Thursday 21 July 2011

Love Collection # 8

EVERY CORNER OF THE WORLD (4)

From the Bell Rock Light House
And the North Sea swells
To the Newfoundland grand banks
Were the hardy seamen dwell
I will follow you to the ends of the earth
Because you’re my special mademoiselle

EVERY CORNER OF THE WORLD (5)

I have stood in view of the Mongolian steppes
I have stood upon the Pacific Ocean shore
I have stood on Virginias Blue Ridge Mountains
I have looked from Cape St Vincent in awe
I have seen many things in my long life
It is my plan to live to see many more
But I know I will never see more beauty
Now I stand beside you of that I’m sure

PLUVIAL SEATTLE

I am a sun worshipper by nature
An inclement climate doesn’t suit
But I love you with all my heart
You’re pretty and witty and cute
But now you’re off to Washington
You have decided to totally uproot
And relocate to Seattle of all places
A place of frequent rain by repute
So should I trade the Californian Sun?
For the long wet winter commutes
I worship you more than the sun
You’re pretty and witty and cute
So even Seattle’s pluvial reputation
Will not deter me from pursuit

EVERY CORNER OF THE WORLD (6)

I have stood by the Anatolian salt springs
I have stood upon Lake Victoria’s shore
I have stood in the Himalayan Mountains
I have looked upon St Helens eruption in awe
I have seen many things in my long life
It is my plan to live to see many more
But I know I will never see more beauty
Now I stand beside you of that I’m sure

CAUGHT IN THAT FIRST INSTANT

Caught in that first instant,
That first take, from a distance
There appeared from the Woodlands edge
A kind of low misty apparition
Almost like a cloud of drifting smoke
Emerging from the tree line
Of course when I got closer I realised
It was just the flowering Hawthorn

STAR-CROSSED WALKERS

A star-crossed couple in the park,
Walking hand in hand in the dark
They don’t care about wind and snow
They have a love to keep them aglow

I TRIED

I tried to win your heart
With every step and stride
With my every waking breath
My troth I fervently plied
Wearing my heart on my sleeve
I let my heart be my guide
But “never in this world”
You disdainfully replied
You killed my love
With your callous amouricide
And you left me broken
When you cast me aside
I gambled and failed
And there was no place to hide
But I didn’t just try and fail
Sadly I tried and died

IT TOOK A MINUTE

It took a minute, or less,
To pick you from the crowd
Within an hour, I truly knew
What a special person you were
By the end of that first day
I had fallen in love with you
Now at the end of your last day I know
It will take a lifetime to forget you

No comments: