Wednesday 4 May 2011

Words on Love # 3

LOOKING FOR LOVE

I seek your love but
Get only lust, I seek passion
Yet I get only sex

IN AND OUT

Outside I was cool
Detached, laidback
Appearing indifferent

Inside I was in
Torment, twisted by jealousy
Envy and bitterness

GIVING OVER

I gave to you my heart
I told you, you could take it
I knew that I could trust you
I knew you wouldn’t break it
You gave to me in return
Your own precious fragile heart

OF THE HEART

You gave to me all your love
And as a means by which to measure
You gave to me your heart
Which I will always treasure

RELUCTANT LOVE

You gave to me protection
Like shelter from a squall
You made me feel important
Not insignificantly small
You made me feel safe
Never vulnerable at all
And though it took time
For me to eventually fall
I love you so much now
Like a puppy loves a ball

ANGEL IN MY BED

There is an angel in my bed
Asleep beneath the sheets
Her angelic countenance
Exuding heavenly serenity
But I can safely say
The angel that I can see
Asleep beneath the sheets
The angel lying in my bed
After what we did before
Is not an angel anymore

I SPEND ALL OF MY DAYS MISSING YOU

I spend all of my days missing you
And at night I dream of kissing you
And I just wanted to let you know
That I just can’t seem to let you go
If you called to me and beaconed
I would take you back in a second

HOLE IN MY LIFE

Since you left me on my own
Loneliness is rife
I don’t want to be your widow
I want to be your wife
Losing you was such a blow
That’s left a hole in my life

No comments: