Tuesday 2 November 2010

Love And Relationships # 2

VITAL STATISTICS

I don’t want gimcrack
I don’t want a big rack
I don’t mind frumpy
Though I’m not keen on grumpy
She can have an ordinary face
And two left feet and lack any grace
I don’t even care about her age
And her favourite colour can be beige
I don’t care if she wears specs
But I do want a girl with self respect
And inside a beautiful spirit
That’s the type of girl who’ll fit

THE WAY INTO MY HEART

The way into my heart
Is not with silver or gold
Nor money or jewels
Or five star dining
Expensive sports cars
And holidays abroad
It’s nothing of material worth

The way into my heart
Is a gesture of kindness
An unselfish act
You holding my hand
And gazing into my eyes
It’s a gentle caress
It’s simply being you

ANNIE’S SONG

You were so self conscious
Yet you never saw the beauty in yourself
The beautiful brunette hair
That framed your lovely face
Which you thought lank and lifeless
Your fabulous legs that so often were hidden away
Which you thought were unsightly and fat
Your intoxicating laugh
That you heard as a cackle
The tiny scar on your cheek,
That went red when you drank too much
We could only see it if you pointed it out
You always thought yourself ordinary
Nothing could have been further from the truth
You were beauty personified
And my biggest regret
Is that I missed my chance
I dithered and dawdled
And I lost you to another

HOW DO I KNOW I’M IN YOUR HEART?

How do I know I’m in your heart?
It’s feeling your hand in mine
And hearing your sighs
It’s a knowing smile on your face
A glance with libidinous eyes
And a maidens blush
It’s being close to you
Being alone with you
Even in a crowd
It’s every look and gesture
It’s in every nuance
Every unsaid word
That tells me I’m in your heart

POTHERING

He was in such a pother
Such was the lot of the suitor
For he was to ask for his lady’s hand
Well that was what he had planned
But he was in such a nervous state
He couldn’t get his head straight
He was sure she would be receptive
But signs can be deceptive
So he resolved to do what was planned
And ask for his lady’s hand
Although to be perfectly fare
He was more interested in the rest of her

A THOUSAND MIRRORED FRAGMENTS

The special love we once shared
Has gone forever, disintegrated
Smashed into a thousand pieces
Impossible to reassemble, beyond repair
Shattered into a thousand mirrored fragments
Each piece reflecting back another painfully memory
Stabbing at my heart like hot needles
Each shard a reminder of your betrayal

SCANNING THE ROOM

A rather tall, elegant woman
Entered the room
And made a quick appraisal
Of those in her presence
The look she gave my way
Needed no vocalization
She had no need to say “ugh”
The look made redundant
Any need of an exclamation of disgust
The haughty expression
And the inclination of her head,
The involuntary sneer
Spoke volumes as to her disposition
Which was fine by me
Because I liked the look of her mate

BURNING LOVE

Emblazoned on my heart
Seared into my soul
The fire of love burns within
Please don’t extinguish
This fire in my soul
Don’t add another scar
To my tortured heart
Scar upon vivid scar
Keep the embers aglow
Let our love forever burn

OH CLAIR

10cc’s “I’m not in love” was playing
And our bodies were gently swaying
Meaningless words because we were in love
I was the hand and Clair was the glove
Our bodies moved together as if we were one
Still together long after the song was done
Our lips came together our hands caressed
Swaying to the music our bodies tight pressed
Clair and I at the disco kissing in the dark
Later under the moon we made love in the park

PLAYING AROUND

She was my little sex kitten
Lively and playful
Very kittenish indeed
I had long hankered after her
With her Reassuring curvaceousness
And the feeling was apparently mutual.
She had a liking for the open air
And a penchant for the dangerous
So while her husband played 18 holes
We played around
And made love in the long grass
Beside the eighteenth green

No comments: