Thursday 21 October 2010

A LONG WALK WITH GOD

CHRIST THE REDEEMER

Christ the redeemer
He died on the cross
He died to save us
And His majesty
Made of the world
A place of hope
A place of grace
A place of freedom
A place of love
He called us from the darkness
Into His loving light

GOD IS IN MY FINGERS

God is in my fingers
When I play guitar
God is in my footsteps
When I must travel far

God is in my lips
When I whistle a tune
God is in my voice
When I sing or croon

God is my protector
When my goal is reached
God is in my heart
When his word is preached

God is my salvation
In every single way
God is in my heart
Every single day

OH GOD IN HEAVEN

Oh God in heaven
I thank you
For your son
For supporting me
Embracing me
Accepting me
For offering me your hand
Your loving hand
We sing oh Lord
To praise you
For you support us
Embrace us
Accept us
You offer us your hand
Your loving hand
We give ourselves oh Lord
Into your love

SING IN PRAISE TO GOD ON HIGH

Sing in praise
To God on high
Accept Him
Into your heart

Sing in praise
To God our Lord
Accept His
Great gift of love

Sing in praise
To God on high
Accept Him
Into your life

Sing in praise
To God our Lord
Accept Him
As your saviour

IN THE SHADOW OF THE CROSS

When the world
Appears a troubled place
When you see pain
Etched into every face
Look for hope
In the shadow of the cross

When evil lives
In the hearts of man
When our neighbours
Plot our destruction
Look for hope
In the shadow of the cross

When you are burdened
With anxiety and fear
When you are so desperate
For someone to hear
Look for Him
In the shadow of the cross



THE BORN AGAIN GOD

Kneeling before the cross,
A simple sign of faith
A potent symbol of his love
A symbol whose holy shadow
Casts the light of love across the world
I am in the presence of the Lord
I feel His hand on my shoulder
His love in my heart
I find I am at peace
In the presence of the lord
I feel His reassuring presence
The Son of God
The Prince of Peace
Who died upon the cross
Who died on a hill in Calvary
And was born again
I feel the power of His glory
I feel at peace
I feel his Godliness
His Goodliness
He surrounds me with his love
And he comforts me
Making the world a less savage place

No comments: