Thursday 19 August 2010

A TOUCH OF LOVE

I HAVE LOST MY HEART

I have lost my heart
And you are now its keeper
With each moment that passes
My love for you grows deeper

Will you treasure my heart?
Are you worthy of its keeping?
Or will this infatuation
End with my heart weeping

OUR LOVE IS

Like the last leaves of autumn
Scattered to the four winds
Our love is drifting away

Like a desert river
Long run dry
Our love is desiccated

Like the winter landscape
Stark and bare
Our love is Barron

OUR LOVE WAS GONE

Like the cherry blossom
That once adorned the trees
Our love bloomed
But that was before the spring rain fell
And the winds blew in
Scattering what once was beauty
And with each petal torn from the bough
A bitter tear was shed
As each piece was carried on the wind
A word of accusation followed
And when the last petal was set free
Then our love was gone

LIKE THE WINTER TREES

Like the winter trees
Left stripped bare
By the autumn gales
Such is our marriage
Our love was once that leafy canopy
Which sheltered and nurtured
But it slowly change in hue
Then it dried up and blew away
On the winds of change
Until our love was no more

TREASURE BEYOND PRICE

If you find love
Treasure it
Don’t be a fool
And waste it
Bottle it and keep it safe
Make it last forever
When you find love
Never let it go

WITHOUT YOU

Without you
I am empty
I miss you
When you’re not with me

Without you
I’m incomplete
But when we’re together
I am Replete

Without you
I am tragic
But together
We can do magic

I COULD HAVE

If we had our time over
What could I have done better?
I could have talked to you more
I should have listened to you more
I could have spent more time with you
I could have thought more about you
I could have been more understanding
I could have been more forgiving
I could have said I love you more often
I could have held your hand more often
I could have loved you better I’m sure
But I could not have loved you more

MY HEART SKIPS A BEAT

My heart skips a beat
I have dancing feet
You have me in a spin
You make my head swim
My stomach is in knots
My eyes are seeing spots
You make my heart beat fast
Oh I’m in love at last
Yes its love without a doubt
I had better ask you out

No comments: