Thursday 15 July 2010

FACETS OF LOVE

WHEN WILL THE LIGHTNING STRIKE?

When will the lightning strike?
When will the thunder roar?
When will that moment come?
When love knocks at my door

When will the drum beat out?
When will love’s music play?
When will that moment come?
When love finally looks my way

SHELTERED LOVE

I don’t know the minute or the hour
When God decided from his exalted tower
To make us both shelter from that shower
And to make our love bloom like a flower

I RESOLVED TO GROW OLD WITH YOU

On the first day we met
I gave to you my heart
I gave to you my soul
I gave to you my love
And I resolved to grow old with you

You have been my beacon
My guiding light
You have been my friend
The love of my life
And I resolved to grow old with you

Now is the saddest time
Now my heart breaks
Now my soul cries
Now my love hurts
I so wanted to grow old with you

Now after we have parted
Your heart beats in another chest
Your soul abides above
Your love is eternal
And I must grow old alone

LOVE AMONGST THE STARS

When you give your heart to another
You bathe in the warmth of the sun
You walk tall upon the earth
Tall enough to touch the stars
You make love beneath the moon
And Venus guides your path
As you navigate the Milky Way
But when you are cast aside
You crash back down to earth
And inhabit planet Solitude

No comments: