Wednesday 11 March 2009

ASSORTED LOVE POEMS

ALPHABET OF LOVE

You are my ANGEL come to earth
The BEST thing that ever happened to me
You are my CONFIDENT, my assurance
You are my DARLING with a capital D

You are EVERYTHING in my world
Whose FRIENDSHIP is beyond measure
You are the GUARDIAN of my life
You are a HEROINE to be treasured

You are my INSPIRATION, my muse
You are JULIET to my Romeo
Your KINDNESS touches every heart
You are my LOVER in the afterglow

You are all the best MOMENTS of my life
You are the NUMBER 1 hit for me
You are my ONE and only
You are PERFECTION with a capital P

Nothing can QUELL my burning passion
You are ROMANCE made flesh
You are my SOULMATE
You are the TREASURE of any quest

You are the star in my UNIVERSE
My VALENTINE each and every day
You mean the entire WORLD to me
You are X –RATED when we play

YOU are the only one I want to be with
With you I have reached my ZENITH

IF EVER TWO SOULS

If ever two souls could become one entity
Then that pair would be you and I
And no woman would ever be more loved that you
If ever one entity were made from we two

SO I WILL GIVE YOU MY HEART

You are a vision in my eye
A veritable goddess, exquisite
Perfection, that’s what I see
When I look at you
But when you look my way
You don’t really see me
It’s as if I am invisible
You look right through me
You don’t even see my beating heart
So full of love for you
More with every passing day
But I cannot make you see me
So I will give you my heart,
I can give nothing more
Being invisible and insubstantial
Here it is, take my heart
Guard it and keep it secure
Until that moment when
You feel the same as I
And the heart I gave to you
Becomes more precious than a gem
That instant when your heart
Takes you unawares
And I am no longer invisible
That moment you crave to be with me
And will be content
To be my only love

LOVES METAPHOR

Not even the angels above
Could make a better match
So please be with me
And I will make you happy
Such is the depth of my lasting love
Intense and profound
Deeper than the deepest ocean
Enduring till that watery abyss
Dries to sun baked desert
And its powdery form runs
Through your fingers
And loves metaphor is blown away
Like smoke on the wind

I WILL BE AS THE GRANITE ROCK

I will be as the granite rock
In your times of sorrow
I will be the joy in all your yesterdays
And again in your tomorrows
I will love you forever
Until the poets run out of rhyme
Or the sun no longer shines
I will love you till the end of time
I AM NO SUPERMAN

I am no superman
No man of steel,
I am not super human
Not endowed with special powers
I have no heart of stone
Nor feet of clay
I am human
Prick my finger, see me bleed
I am no angel
Nor am I devil
I am not inhuman
Not devoid of emotion
I am just a man
Ordinary, average
Unremarkable
With hopes and dreams
Plans and aspirations
And a heart to give
When I meet her

WHETHER OR WHEN

Whether plain and frumpy
Or even cross and grumpy
Whether fat or skinny
In a long dress or a mini
Whether sober or tipsy
From New York or Poughkeepsie
On green grass or on clover
Perhaps on a train from Dover
Who, where, how is a way to begin
But what I want to know is when
When is the burning question
That’s affecting my digestion
When will I discover
Who will be my lover?

VALENTINE QUESTION

Roses are red, violets are blue
Do I have to buy flowers for you
Violets are blue, Roses are red
Ok I understand if I don’t I’m dead

INCONSEQUENTIAL?

Maybe to the world at large
You are just one person
Small, inconsequential
But if you think that you’re wrong
The truth I want to tell you
On a banner boldly unfurled
To this one lucky person
You are the entire world

No comments: