Monday 23 February 2009

More Love Poems

WHERE DO I BEGIN TO SAY?

Where do I begin to say?
Exactly what you mean to me
It would surely end my world
If you were to set me free

Where do I begin to say?
How happy it would make me
If I could find the perfect words
To express my feelings with clarity

When we are separated
I feel half a person, empty and incomplete
But when we are together
I am whole and I am replete

Where do I begin to say?
How blessed I am to have you in my life
As my lover, and best friend
My partner and my wife

KIWI GIRL

She was a tiny little thing
Barely five foot, Pint size
But larger than life
With huge grey eyes

Her first words were
I’m not an Aussie
I’m from New Zealand
And I’m a Kiwi

Christened Katherine
She preferred Kitty
At first glance
I thought she was pretty

Perhaps not beautiful
Well not obviously so
But certainly pretty
But not to the shallow

She was not compelled
By fashion or fad
In her cargo pants
And shirt of plaid

Her stocking feet
Made little sound
As on fairy steps
She flitted around

She had a delicious chuckle
Rich and fruity
When she laughed
Was when I saw beauty

A smile lit up her face
And her big eyes
Transformed her
From pupae to butterfly

Her laughing eyes
Glanced aside
And she was caught
Her look was spied

Her pale skin
As she blushed
Turns to crimson
And away she rushed

Though she dressed
Not to impress
She had a figure
Hidden, nonetheless

My eyes followed her
Though no others did
My pretty Kitty
This gorgeous Kiwi kid

Do you try to hide?
From the wicked world
The pretty girl inside
Oh lovely Kiwi girl

Because I already spied
The pretty girl inside
When first I looked
Into her big grey eyes

SHE IS

She is embedded in my heart
I imagine her inside my head
I picture her in my life
Safely in my arms
Or sleeping in my bed

She is ingrained in my soul
I imagine us with a family
I picture our life together
Far off in the future
With cherished memories

She is woven through my fabric
She is at the very heart of me
I feel her hand in mine
And her kisses on my skin
Her scent is exotic and heady

Though she is in my every thought
And my dreams of her persist
I have to confess that
As much as I love her
She doesn’t know that I exist

No comments: