Friday 8 June 2007

THANK GOD FOR F RU

She had been on my mind
A great deal of late it seems
Images and moments of her
Vividly filling my dreams

Though thirty years had passed
All too quickly as a matter of fact
I decided I would Google her
And that’s not a euphemistic sexual act
Though that is a delicious thought
But a global search on internet
Producing the usual multitude of hits
Most of them spurious you can bet
Amongst the list before me I found
A teacher very well respect they say
A dancer and a musician but not her
But apparently I could buy her on eBay

So I thought I might just Yell
Not at anyone necessarily
But search through the online
Comprehensive yellow pages directories
However it proved fruitless
As I didn’t know what town she was in
Or if her name had changed
It was difficult even to begin

Then I had a brain wave
And I went to Friends Reunited
There at least I may have a chance
After login in I actually got exited

First I Checked work places,
We worked together for a while
But no entry of her name
Not to worry the site is versatile

Then I checked the schools
All the schools within 20 miles
But no entry of her name
Not to worry the site is versatile

I checked the Armed forces,
The Duke of Edinburgh award scheme
College and university
And then clubs and teams

That only left streets to check
I knew where she lived long ago
30 years ago at least
But the name and number, no
I could have driven straight to it
But it was 100 miles away
It was so frustrating
And I almost gave up that day

Then I suddenly realized
I could find the street on Multimap
I traced the route I would have taken
And I found her street on Multimap

So quickly I entered the street name
On Friends Reunited
And lo and behold there was her name
And I got really exited

Quickly I sent her a message
I hope it’s not treated as spam
Or even worse than that
She doesn’t remember who I am

Then every day I check my mail
Hoping for a reply from her
And look on the site at my inbox
And every day there is nothing there

Weeks had gone by and nothing came
Then a message from her so sweet
She did remember who I was
And she wants us to meet

I’m a bit nervous and apprehensive
And worried about the event
Anyway nothing ventured, nothing gained
I’ll let you know how it went

No comments: